Monday, January 4, 2010

Sports resolutions (or goals)

          Resolutions are not usually my thing. A friend once told me she thought resolutions are dumb because she thought people can try and change anytime they want. After she brought that up, it totally made sense and also is true. Instead of making resolutions, sports goals for the year will be made and attempted. Hopefully they can be accomplished throughout the year.

Sports goals for the 2010 year

1- Going to a Blackhawks game

Yes it sounds very simple, but I have never been to a Blackhawks game. For most of my life as kid/teenager they were terrible. It also did not help that the majority of home games were blacked out, so even if I wanted to watch them, I could not. Now, not only can they be seen on television, the Hawks are very good. They could be the best team in the National Hockey League (NHL). People have always said Hockey games are fun to watch in person so that is something that will happen and hopefully sooner rather than later.

2-Travel to see Mizzou

 Anyone who reads this blog knows that I am a huge Mizzou fan, so it has been decided that going to a Mizzou road game will happen. It could be baseball, basketball, or football. Traveling to a Mizzou game will definitely happen. After attending the Mizzou vs. Kansas game last year, it has to become an annual trip. It helps having lots of friends down there that attend the game as well. It may be an early assumption but I will also attend the bowl game Mizzou goes to. I went to the 2006 Sun Bowl and even though it ended badly, the trip was fun and one I will always remember.  As long as there is a continuing money source in my life, money will be put aside every week to make this happen.

3-Attempt to go to more Cubs game

Why? Good question. I went to 13 games last year and saw more losses than wins. And more often than not the losses were very bad. The Cubs were so bad that I started turning down tickets. Loving the Cubs is a a hard thing to do, but someone has to do it. Summer baseball is a great thing and as long as I live in Chicago, it will include going to Cubs game, good or bad. Baseball is also my favorite sport even if people say it is slow to watch. Who knows  how many I will get to, but I will try to attend around 17-20.

 If I think of more sports goals for the year, the world will know. Until then, thats all I got and have time to accomplish all of those goals.

-Mike Moreau

No comments:

Post a Comment